View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Amazing Change 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I was home this weekend and I read this book that my mom told me to read by a 15 year old kid, Zach Hunter. Apparently he was all over CNN and Good Morning America in the last few weeks. He is a modern day abolitionist. The book is based on a lot of Christian morals and I thought I should point that out just so everyone knows. But his message is amazing no matter what religion or lack of you are. He was really appaled at the fact there is still slavery in the world today. The statistics he points out leave you speechless. It is definately something I feel anyone that is going to work with kids should be aware of. It is amazing the passion that Zach has to get rid of slavery, he has made it his life long goal. I was really inspired by this book (which would take you seriously maybe 2 hours to read). You should check out the website at least at www.theamazingchange.com or www.freetheslaves.org.

Here are some quotes that are something to ponder:

"History, despite its wrenching pain cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again" -Maya Angelou-

"When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often suprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timed adventurers" - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived, and lived well" - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]