View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Up next...Masters? 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I would also like to know if any of you are planning on getting a Masters Degree. If so, when and what in?

I would like to continue my education while I am in the habit of college life. But I am also wanting to start teaching soon. I have heard both sides of the argument: (1) wait a few years before you get your Masters so you will know what you should get a Masters in and (2) go now while you are in college and get it over with because many people do not make it back to college.

Any thoughts?

Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:48 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I have also talked to a lot of my professors about which choice, in their opinion, is the better choice. I think that I have settled on teaching for a few years and then returning to get my masters. That way I do know what I want to get the degree in, I have some experience under my belt to where I know what kind of information will be most helpful to me, and there are a lot of school systems that help pay for their teachers to go back and get their masters. Also, some school systems make it possible for you to get your masters while you are still teaching in the classroom.

Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:35 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

i have not decided on this issue. I definitely want to get a masters in Theatre Education or a similar area. I will, in all likelihood just go for a masters after I graduate so that my student loans continue to not gather interest. it's a bit of a silly reason, but what the hell.

Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:02 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I have not decided yet. One day I would like to go back to school and study Social Work. After that, I would like to get a job with a non-profit organization and work with refugee children. I know that much so far. :)

Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:44 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think I'll come back for masters when I know exactly what area I would like to get it in. I feel I'd be better informed after having a few years to help guide my studies.

Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:55 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I also want my master's degree for the obvious reasons such as increase in pay, and I want to move on to the administration part of school systems. I also want to teach first and I'm sure that I will find a school that will be willing to help me in getting my master's degree.

Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]