View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Holiday Thanks 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

As this holiday season approaches, it's so easy to get caught up in the "hustle and bustle" of shopping, presents, and parties, but I love this season because it's actually a time I can slow down. No more school and exams to worry about, lots of food and friends, and of course the holiday parties are a joy! It's also a time to stop and be thankful for all of the blessings we have. We just celebrated Thanksgiving, a day dedicated to sharing with our closest family and friends and giving thanks for the things that we have. I just hope that this feeling of thanksgiving continues for everyone throughout the entire season and even after the New Year.

I know Thanksgiving Day has passed and we're probably all tired of turkey and thanking, but if you'd like I just thought I'd open the topic for anyone to state the things they're thankful for. And think deeper than just "I'm thankful that I have a house and food." But think of the things that you really never thought of that you truly are grateful for.

I'm thankful that I have the opportunity to get a college education and eventually live up my dream of teaching. I'm also thankful that so many opportunities to travel abroad have come up in the last year. (This has been a new passion of mine and doors just keep on opening!) I'm very grateful that I have a deep faith that keeps me going through the hard times. And I'm thankful for those hard times because they definitely help me grow and form closer relationships.

I hope that this holiday season, you'll see new things that you are blessed with that you have never even noticed before. :D

Happy Holidays!

Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:29 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

i would have to say that i am thankful for having the life that i do. In the school i observe at it is very poverty stricken and most of the students come from families with nothing. When i look at everything i have and realize that they would do anything to have a decent meal, clean clothes, a car, etc it makes me realize i take too much for granted. I am also thankful for family. The past couple of years have been hard on my family and we have tried to be there for each other.

Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:14 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I'm glad you asked this question Emily, I sorta needed to think about that. Considering the train wreck my personal life has been here lately it's nice to reflect on some positive things. I supposed the thing I am most thankful for is family and friends. I know it's cliché but it is the truth. I have the best and most understanding friends a person could have. I have been so fortunate to have surrounded myself with them. When things went from bad to worse for me they were always there to pick me up and keep me straight. They are hard to deal with at times because they are so diverse and can't seem to get along with anyone but me. This is especially true of my best friend. But they suit me. They make me laugh. They have my back if i'm in trouble. And all of them are just as flawed as I am. My family supports me through anything, no matter what the outcome. They would make every sacrifice to help me out, which is why i work so hard to support myself so they don't have to. So, to paraphrase, I am most thankful for family and friends.

Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:08 pm
All-star
All-star

I know that discussion board posts are over, but I decided to reply to this one anyway. Thanks for the reminder about holidays here! It is great to think about what we're thankful and mindful for instead of getting caught up in the hustle and bustle of what's going on around us....awesome lesson to teach our kids as well!

Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]