View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Looking for more in Learning and Teaching 
All-star
All-star

As Palmer says we should make learning fun for the students and interesting. We need to open up possiblities for everyone to learn, to find the passion in learning and teaching. So that everyone is finding a whole body of knowledge that they are interested in and will actually want to learn about. Is it possible that everyone can find a passion in learning? I think so I think that within the educational system there is something that interests everyone but it has to be presented in the right way. I feel that Palmer is saying that we need to become a part of what we learn and teach. Like when you read a good book, it is as if you are one of the characters because you are so into the book, you are sad when it is over. I think he is saying that everyone should find that passion within Education. What do y'all think?

Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:20 pm
Profile YIM
All-star
All-star

Haley, I think your right! If people find something they enjoy they will be more willing to participate in school. As teachers we are going to have to consider that all students are not going to like reading or science, but if we can find some aspect of something they like and bring it into the subjects they don't like they will succeed.

Sun May 02, 2004 2:51 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I really agree with Palmer's position because the main reason I want to teach is my love of literature, and my desire to pass that on to my students. I can think of so many ways of making books more fun and accesible to my students and I can't wait to employ them in a classroom setting.

Tue May 04, 2004 7:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]