View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 life after college 
All-star
All-star

Hey-i'm just curious as to where you guys want to live and teach....I know that I love warm weather and I want to live somewhere like New Orleans or the Keys...what about yall?

Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:55 am
All-star
All-star

:D I just recently got a job offer from Charlotte-Mecklenburg schools and I love the city. So more than likely I will end up there after I graduate next year. I cant wait. If anyone else is interested in the area let me know, I know a few contacts in the system who are really helpful when it comes to interviews and applications. BTW starting salary for a beginning teacher is just over 29,000.00 with a 2,000. sign on bonus right now. They also have a great new teacher support program in place. I promise its not as bad as you would think down there. They are rated 7th in the nation as the most desirable school system to work in and 23rd largest system in the nation.

Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:54 am
Profile YIM
All-star
All-star

Living and teaching right here in the mountains. Came from Atlanta so I wanted a change. I love living here.

Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:23 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I am moving back to Memphis, Tn where I grew up! I am really excited to move back. The school system is really great and starting salary isnt too shabby.

Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:45 pm
All-star
All-star

Starting off I am not sure yet but probably Raleigh-Durham area, but eventually Iam moving back to Cleveland County to settle down because that is where all my family lives.

Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:52 pm
Profile YIM
All-star
All-star

Post hmm
I'm looking for a job anywhere. I want to work, and teach in London, but that may take some time. In the mean time, I hope to live in wester NC.

Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:12 am
Profile YIM
All-star
All-star

I want to go somewhere out of the country for a while. I am thinking about maybe Australia or New Zealand. I just want to experience a different place and culture.

Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:54 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I'm looking at a required four years of teaching in North Carolina for my scholarship, and I will probably try for the elementary school in my home town. It's funny, had I been asked if I was returning to my home town not four years ago I would have laughed at the idea but now it has grown on me. After that, who knows? If I'm comfortable I may hang around and if not the sky is the proverbial limit.

Tue May 04, 2004 3:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]