View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 article 
All-star
All-star

Ive found a cool article possible changes in SAT requirements in NC and California!
http://www.carolinajournal.com/articles ... tml?id=895

I know that the article is old (2001) but it does show that alternatives are being thought about. I'm not sure that end of grade tests are the way to go but they are at least free and to some degree show what the student has learned. I can't imagine the added test pressure though.

Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:22 pm
Profile WWW
All-star
All-star

That was interesting. Thanks for sharing the article. I agree with you, it is nice to know that at least alternatives are being considered. I agree too, that the pressure to perform would escalate even more. That would be a drawback.

Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:05 pm
All-star
All-star

Thanks for sharing this article. I think it would make it more difficult for NC colleges and univerisites to compare applicants' scores if you had NC residents apply who only had state test scores and nonresidents of NC who had SAT of ACT scores, but not state test scores, or state test scores from another state. Though there are costs to the "test taker," at least the ACT and SAT are administered nation wide, which would help college admissions offices compare applicants who live in different states. However, as we have discussed in class, there are a lot more factors that can predict success in college than test scores. Elizabeth

Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:55 am
All-star
All-star

I wonder what they would do for non residents. Would they still be required to take the SAT? That would create quite the problem wouldn't it?

Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:04 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]