|Social and Philosophical Foundations of Education
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Charity Bailey [ Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:07 pm ]|
1. If a student got up and walked around in my class during class time I would ignore it because clearly the student is just starved for attention. I would give the kids an assignment and ask the student to step outside with me for a moment then we would talk about it.
2. If a student refused to do a class assignment I certainly wouldn't point the student out, young adolescents are extremely self conscious, I would try to refocus the assignment in a way that would appeal to the student ie sparks their interest.
3. If a student was weak from fasting during Ramadan I would incorporate information about Islam in to the class learning experience. Of course I wouldn't point the student out but diversity should be appreciated and celebrated in the classroom. Discussing Ramadan and the Islamic faith in the classroom might also help to instill a sense of community, ie the melting pot idea, into the student that is fasting for Ramadan.
4. If a student jumped out of a window I would remain calm and try to continue on with the lecture or group work that the kids were doing while I made my way toward the telephone to call the office. The kids left in the class need to see a strong, calm leader because they're going to be totally shocked about what just happened. The student that jumped out of the window needs paitence, understanding and professional care. All students can turn over a new leaf.
5. If a student insisted that they worked better in a class while listening to music through head phones I would sit down and talk to them and find out what this is really about clearly its not about missing their favorite song. I would develop a course of action based on what they said that would be in their best interest.
|Author:||alice roberts [ Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:54 pm ]|
You make a good point about having a leader in the class who is calm and capable when handling a tense situation. It can make all the difference in the world.
|Author:||Johnny Morris [ Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:56 am ]|
I agree with needing a strong leader. If the kids see the teacher all freaked out then the entire will be freaked out and madness will surely follow.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group